Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Great Commission - Haiti

God has commanded all His followers to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all the nations. This includes your local neighborhood but also going outside your comfort zone - which may include traveling abroad.

Matthew 28:16-20
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
God blessed me with the opportunity to make Him known in Cap Haitien, Haiti. I joined 12 of my Millcreek Community Church brothers and sisters to be God's hands and feet, making disciples in Haiti. Our 48 hours of travel began Thursday June 27, 2013 at 4am when we met at the church to board a bus to the Buffalo airport. From there, we flew to JFK in NY then off to Santiago, Dominican Republic. We spent the night in Santiago and Friday we took a bus to Cap Haitien.

Over the next few weeks I plan on writing several blog posts describing the great works of God that happened during our trip. A friend of mine told me before I left, that it isn't a missions trip until you break down and cry - giving it all up to the Lord, for nothing is impossible for Him.

The mission team's verse for the week:

Luke 18:27
But he said, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."
View of the mountains around Cap Haitien, Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment