Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

God's loud voice

Sometimes God answers our prayers in a small still voice (1 Kings 19:12) but sometimes He can be very loud (Psalm 104:7). For me, this happened while I was in Shanghai, China.

When I was preparing to leave for China my constant prayer was, "Lord provide me with fellowship in China so that I may be built up in Your Name to serve You while abroad." Last summer I had been severely discouraged by not having fellowship with other believers during a month long business trip. So now I was fearful that it would be even worse in a foreign country that was a 12 hour time difference to my friends and family in the US. 

But this wasn't a problem for God. 

A friend of mine in Erie, Cindy, told me she knew someone who knew a young Christian woman that lives in Shanghai. One thing led to another and soon I was exchanging emails with Blanche. 

I landed in Shanghai on a Saturday and by Monday Blanche had invited me to tea Saturday afternoon and church Saturday night! I was excited to join my fellow brothers and sisters and worship our King all the way on the other side of the world!! But God's plans were even bigger than I imagined. 

On Tuesday I found out that a night of partying was planned for Saturday. I was excited that God had provided me with an alternate plan for that night. I was eating dinner Tuesday night with my new friend Hannah and I asked her if she was going to the party Saturday and she said no. So I asked her if she wanted to join me for church. Her face lit up and said yes! We instantly smiled and hugged. Over the next 15 minutes it was as if our surroundings had disappeared and we shared how we each came to know Jesus. It was a wonderful start to an eternal friendship. 

That Saturday the three of us, Hannah, Blanche and I, planned to meet for church. Blanche and I hit traffic and were late to church. I was nervous I wouldn't meet up with Hannah because I wasn't able to use my phone to text her. Blanche and I got to church and the service had started. It was packed! We ended up finding two seats in the very back. When I sat down I looked next to me and there was Hannah! Thank you God!

After church, Blanche introduced us to her friends and we went out for dinner. It was so wonderful to have the instant connection with fellow believers. It truly was like having a home away from home. We also had the blessing of attending our new friends Bible study later that week.

God is great all the time. His plans are so far greater than anything I could imagine or plan myself.

1 Kings 19:12
And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.

Psalm 104:7
At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight.

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats really amazing I have heard a new app spotify premium hack apk this app is great and I have started looking at it.Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it.Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete