Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A dismal situation turns Glorious!

This afternoon I found myself being pulled downward. I was a bit stressed throughout the day and hit lots of traffic while driving across town causing me to miss my dentist appointment. Usually something like this would not bother me but all of a sudden I felt overcome with frustration. I had left work to try and make this appointment and now I would have to miss work again to make the rescheduled appointment. I had a pile of work to do when I got home along with assigned homework for the course I am taking. My mind started going in every direction and before I knew it I was crying. I had to pull over. 

But here is where the story turns Glorious. 

God has taught me to turn to Him in times of frustration and grief. As I sat in a store parking lot on 38th Street I began to pray. Psalm 4 came to mind. As I prayed to God I asked him to "give me relief from my distress". From His Word, I knew He was listening to my prayer. I sat in my car and was silent listening to the Lord. And all the glory to Him, my anxiety subsided. Peace came over me. 

I am always amazed at how the Lord can utilize a seemingly dismal situation to bring glory to Him. God reminded me that He should be the focus of my life, not the things of this world. I live for Christ and Christ alone. He is the Prince of Peace, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, the Almighty God! Amen!

Psalm 4 
1 Answer me when I call to you,
my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
2 How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods
3 Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
the Lord hears when I call to him.
4 Tremble and do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
and trust in the Lord.
6 Many, Lord, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
Let the light of your face shine on us.
7 Fill my heart with joy
when their grain and new wine abound.
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have realized recently, that I wait too long to ask for peace. How much we miss out on when we fail to ask our Father in Heaven who delights to bring us joy and peace, to do just that.

    ReplyDelete